Saturday, November 3, 2012

Loves of my life

Sometimes God has to nudge me and remind me of how miraculous and faithful He is. Sometimes I forget to be in awe of Him and sometimes I forget the how good His promise is and sometimes I fail to see all of the wonders of His works.
Many of you will remember Paul, Willy and Issac- the three boys that we had the pleasure of meeting when I was here in December. When we met these three, the life that they knew was cold and empty and really hard. (To read what I wrote about them then, visit here: http://thebeautyofwords.tumblr.com/post/14841576195/hope )

Since the second my feet touched Kenyan soil, I have been itching to get to these boys. I wanted to see them and play with them and hug them and dance with them. God knew that I needed to see my sweet boys, and this past weekend I was able to travel with my awesome friend Gordon to Nyahururu to visit with them for a while.
Saturday night goes down in the books as one of the best nights I will ever have in Kenya. Even before Gordon and I walked through the gate, we could hear music coming from the yard. When we walked in all of the boys were singing and laughing and helping prepare supper. At first, I think they didn’t remember me well enough to show all their personality, but by the end of the night we were all laughing to tears and dancing for hours. Joy was literally in every single inch of the room and nothing could have taken the smile off my face that night. (I even watched a rabbit get slaughtered and skinned and kept my smile!)
What a transformation for those three boys, and what a joy to get to witness it! I love them with such a huge chunk of my heart and I am so thankful that God uses them to remind me every day of how prodigal we each are and how much can change when we come home to Him. 









No comments:

Post a Comment